1. Take a clean metal bottle cap and coat it with acrylic gold paint. Cover only the parts of the brooch that will show in the finished design. Let the coated bottle cap dry.
2. Cut a piece of hard paper in a round shape the same size of the bottle cap. Set aside.
3. Cut a piece of decorative paper the same size as your round piece of hard paper--glue the two pieces together. (Makes an attractive back for the brooch design.)
4. Glue the gold painted bottle cap to the the hard round piece of art board (back to back--bottle cap underside adheres to the plain hard paper side of hard paper base). Use plastic clothes pins to hold the pieces together until glue dries.
5. Pour a small amount of glue in the center of the front of the brooch. (the front center of the metal bottle cap should be slightly concave.)
6. Sprinkle some beads into the pool of glue. (I use multicolored glass beads for my brooch design,but, you could use a variety of shapes and sizes)
7. Let the glued beads dry completely. It is important to use glue that dries hard and clear.)
8. After the brooch is completely dry, glue a pin back to the backside of brooch--about a third down from the top of the back of brooch. Let the glued pin back dry completely.
9. In a well-ventilated area, spray the front and back of brooch with a high gloss acrylic spray. Or, you can coat the front and back of brooch with gloss medium. Let the brooch dry.
10. Wear proudly! This brooch makes a great handcrafted gift.